Subject: Re: 2.6.20-rc4-mm1: PCI=n: drivers/net/3c59x.c compile error

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:26:15 +0300

Hello, I wrote:
>> 3x59x-fix-pci-resource-management.patch causes the following compile 
>> error with CONFIG_PCI=n:

>> <--  snip  -->

>> ...
>>   CC      drivers/net/3c59x.o
>> /home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.20-rc4-mm1/drivers/net/3c59x.c: 
>> In function 'vortex_init_one':
>> /home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.20-rc4-mm1/drivers/net/3c59x.c:961: 
>> error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_request_regions'
>> /home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.20-rc4-mm1/drivers/net/3c59x.c:985: 
>> error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_release_regions'
>> make[3]: *** [drivers/net/3c59x.o] Error 1

>    Grr, at at the same time it's happy with pci_enable_device().
>    I'd say the problem is in <linux/pci.h>,  not in the patch.

    Has there been any patch to fix the "unbalanced" 
pci_{request|release}_regions() declarations? Am I suposed to create such?

>> cu
>> Adrian

MBR, Sergei