Subject: [PATCH 2/2][TCP] YeAH-TCP: limited slow start exported function

From: "Angelo P. Castellani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:35:09 +0100

From: Angelo P. Castellani <[email-masked]>

RFC3742: limited slow start

See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3742.txt

Signed-off-by: Angelo P. Castellani <[email-masked]>
---

To allow code reutilization I've added the limited slow start procedure 
as an exported symbol of linux tcp congestion control.

On large BDP networks canonical slow start should be avoided because it 
requires large packet losses to converge, whereas at lower BDPs slow 
start and limited slow start are identical. Large BDP is defined through 
the max_ssthresh variable.

I think limited slow start could safely replace the canonical slow start 
procedure in Linux.

Regards,
Angelo P. Castellani

p.s.: in the attached patch is added an exported function currently used 
only by YeAH TCP

 include/net/tcp.h   |    1 +
 net/ipv4/tcp_cong.c |   23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 24 insertions(+)