Subject: iwlwifi warnings

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:23:21 -0800

BUilding with sparse shows lots of warnings.

$ make C=1
Checking kernel compatibility in:
    /lib/modules/2.6.20.1/source
 * Kernel supports required features for 'tip' version.
Building compatibility version in 'compatible/' directory:
Copying compatible/ from origin/...done
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.20.1/build M=/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8 
modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/shemminger/kernel/linux-2.6.20.1'
  CHECK   /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11115:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_rate_scale_clear_window' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11352:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_collect_tx_data' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11480:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_convert_to_rate_index' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11665:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_convert_to_phy_index' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11677:30: warning: 
function 'ipw_get_lowest_rate' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11692:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_get_adjacent_rate' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:1522:11: warning: 
Using plain integer as NULL pointer
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:10004:16: warning: 
Using plain integer as NULL pointer
  CC [M]  /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.o
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c: In function 
$-1òøipw_rx_handleòù:
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8175: warning: 
unused variable $-1òøsleepòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8195: warning: 
unused variable $-1òøbeaconòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8227: warning: 
unused variable $-1òønotifòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8259: warning: 
unused variable $-1òønotifòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c: At top level:
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:3889: warning: 
$-1òøipw_set_rxon_confòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:2523: warning: 
$-1òøipw_rate_ieee2indexòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:2577: warning: 
$-1òøipw_check_rx_config_cmdòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:3628: warning: 
$-1òøipw_setup_rxon_timingòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:6931: warning: 
$-1òøipw_send_qos_params_commandòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:7964: warning: 
$-1òøget_tx_fail_reasonòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8637: warning: 
$-1òøipw_get_rate_by_rssiòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:10371: warning: 
$-1òød_hw_scanòù defined but not used
  LD [M]  /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
WARNING: "ieee80211_rx_irqsafe" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_register_hwmode" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_unregister_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_scan_completed" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_get_hdrlen" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_tx_status" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "sta_info_get" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_rate_control_register" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_netif_oper" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_tx_status_irqsafe" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_get_hdrlen_from_skb" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_rate_control_unregister" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_register_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_alloc_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_free_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "sta_info_put" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
  CC      /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.mod.o8$ 
make C=1
Checking kernel compatibility in:
    /lib/modules/2.6.20.1/source
 * Kernel supports required features for 'tip' version.
Building compatibility version in 'compatible/' directory:
Copying compatible/ from origin/...done
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.20.1/build M=/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8 
modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/shemminger/kernel/linux-2.6.20.1'
  CHECK   /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11115:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_rate_scale_clear_window' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11352:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_collect_tx_data' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11480:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_convert_to_rate_index' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11665:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_convert_to_phy_index' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11677:30: warning: 
function 'ipw_get_lowest_rate' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:11692:12: warning: 
function 'ipw_get_adjacent_rate' with external linkage has definition
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:1522:11: warning: 
Using plain integer as NULL pointer
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:10004:16: warning: 
Using plain integer as NULL pointer
  CC [M]  /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.o
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c: In function 
$-1òøipw_rx_handleòù:
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8175: warning: 
unused variable $-1òøsleepòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8195: warning: 
unused variable $-1òøbeaconòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8227: warning: 
unused variable $-1òønotifòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8259: warning: 
unused variable $-1òønotifòù
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c: At top level:
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:3889: warning: 
$-1òøipw_set_rxon_confòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:2523: warning: 
$-1òøipw_rate_ieee2indexòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:2577: warning: 
$-1òøipw_check_rx_config_cmdòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:3628: warning: 
$-1òøipw_setup_rxon_timingòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:6931: warning: 
$-1òøipw_send_qos_params_commandòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:7964: warning: 
$-1òøget_tx_fail_reasonòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:8637: warning: 
$-1òøipw_get_rate_by_rssiòù defined but not used
/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/base.c:10371: warning: 
$-1òød_hw_scanòù defined but not used
  LD [M]  /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
WARNING: "ieee80211_rx_irqsafe" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_register_hwmode" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_unregister_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_scan_completed" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_get_hdrlen" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_tx_status" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "sta_info_get" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_rate_control_register" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_netif_oper" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_tx_status_irqsafe" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_get_hdrlen_from_skb" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_rate_control_unregister" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_register_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_alloc_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "ieee80211_free_hw" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "sta_info_put" 
[/home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko] undefined!
  CC      /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.mod.o
  LD [M]  /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shemminger/kernel/linux-2.6.20.1'

  LD [M]  /home/shemminger/src/iwlwifi-0.0.8/compatible/iwlwifi.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shemminger/kernel/linux-2.6.20.1'