Subject: Re: Oops in filter add

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:06:13 +0100

Chris Madden wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>>There was a small bug in my patch (broken return value on memory
>>allocation failure, not relevant for testing though). I'll push
>>the fixed patch to Dave once Chris confirms that it fixes the
>>problem he's seeing.
>>  
> 
> Looks like that may have done it.  I ramped up the traffic on it and did
> thousands of inserts/removals and the box seems happy.

Thanks Chris.

> I had ing_filter still locking dev->ingress_lock ( instead of the
> queue_lock suggestion earlier ).   So while that race may still be in
> there, I haven't been able to hit the locking problem.

I'll push a patch for this as well, we can hopefully go back to using
ingress_lock in 2.6.22.