Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] netem: avoid excessive requeues

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:26:15 +0100

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> David Miller wrote:
> 
>>>Perhaps we should put this in qdisc_restart, other qdiscs have the
>>>same problem.
>>
>>
>>Agreed, patches welcome :)
> 
> 
> I've tried this, but for some reason it makes TBF stay about
> 5% under the configured rate. Probably because of late timers,
> the strange thing is that the 5% happen constantly even with
> very low rates.

Turns out it was a mistake during testing, I measured on the
ethernet device that is also used by my PPPoE connection, which
had some traffic too. iptraf only measures IP packets, so it
didn't show the bandwidth used by PPPoE.

Patch coming up :)