Subject: Re: [PATCH] NET: Add TCP connection abort IOCTL

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:02:21 +0200

David Miller a écrit :
> From: Mark Huth <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:09:30 -0700
> 
>> Actually, there are legitimate uses for this sort of API.  The patch 
>> allows an administrator to kill specific connections that are in use by 
>> other applications, where the close is not available, since the socket 
>> is owned by another process.
> 
> Anything that wants to act as an external agent to manipulate
> or terminate connections should use netfilter.

This is what I thought too at the begining.

But after some thinking I recalled having to reboot machines just because 
netfilter was not in (because of noticeable performance hit), and I could find 
  the tree to compile netfilter as modules..

When I saw revoke() work in progess, I did react like you : This is coming 
from hell...