Subject: Re: [1/5] 2.6.21-rc5: known regressions

From: "Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:54:32 -0700

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Subject    : e1000 resume weirdness
> References : http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/3/26/91
> Submitter  : Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
> Handled-By : Jesse Brandeburg <[email-masked]>
>              Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
> Status     : problem is being debugged

The issue comes from a corner case and the underlying problem is that e1000 
isn't stopping tx properly. We have a fix for this pending in our tree that I'll 
push upstream for 2.6.22 to Jeff, but I don't think this should be a blocker and 
it's probably is not a regression at all, the gap has always been present.

on a side note, this is probably fixed easily by turning the adapters 
detect_tx_hung flag off in e1000_down, so if someone spots this reoccurring 
somewhat regularly, please contact me so we can debug it. I myself have a system 
suspend/resuming in circles for an hour now with traffic flying across without a 
single hit on it....

Adrian, you probably want to drop this issue from your list.

Cheers,

Auke