Subject: Re: [2.6 patch] the scheduled eepro100 removal

From: Bill Davidsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:17:59 -0400

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> This patch contains the scheduled removal of the eepro100 driver.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
This keeps coming around, but I haven't seen an answer to the questions 
raised by Eric Piel or Kiszka. I do know that e100 didn't work on some 
IBM rackmount servers and eepro100 did, but since I'm no longer 
responsible for those machines I can't retest. Perhaps someone will be 
able to provide data points.

IBM current offerings as of about three years ago, I had a few dozen of 
them at one time.

-- 
Bill Davidsen <[email-masked]>
   "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot