Subject: Re: [XFRM]: Optimize MTU calculation

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:07:34 +0200

DiegoB wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>> I've updated my IPsec MTU optimization patch I've posted a couple
>> of month ago to net-2.6.22 and added the further optimization
>> suggested by Herbert to account for the space lost due to alignment
>> in the room reserved for IP options in transport mode.
>>
>> Tested with IPv4 and IPv6 in tunnel and transport mode. Beet mode
>> is untested since no keying daemon seems to support it.
> 
> 
> Actually for BEET mode you can check the following:
> 
> http://hipl.hiit.fi/
> http://www.openhip.org/
> http://www.hip4inter.net/

Thanks for the pointers, I'm using manual keying for testing now.
It took me a while to properly set it up though since I wasn't
expecting that I need to specify a selector for the inbound SA.
Is there a reason for not using x->props.saddr/x->id.daddr during
inbound processing as on the output side?

draft-nikander-esp-beet-mode-06.txt states ".. MUST contain the
outer source and destination addresses, as defined in the SA"
for both inbound and outbound processing, so I think it would
be easier to handle this symetrical.