Subject: Re: Fw: kernel oops at ppp

From: Stephan Helas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 22:33:58 +0200

>Paul Mackerras wrote:
> What is a "UMTS - hsdpa card merlin xu870"?

It is a Novatel Wireless Card, using usb-serial driver airprime

http://www.novatelwireless.com/support/merlin-xu870-linux.html

> At a guess I would say that whatever ppp channel code is being used
> hasn't left any header room on a received skb, but without knowing
> what ppp channel module is being used it's hard to say.
> 
> Paul.

After some Experiments with 2.6.21-rc (2.6.20 crash with airprime on
boot), i belive its the wrong driver. To enable Support for this Card i
added the pci-device string to airprime.c

--------- drivers/usb/serial/airprime.c -----------

static struct usb_device_id id_table [] = {
 { USB_DEVICE(0x0c88, 0x17da) }, /* Kyocera Wireless KPC650/Passport */
 { USB_DEVICE(0x413c, 0x8115) }, /* Dell Wireless HSDPA 5500 */
 ^^^^^^^^^^^
 { USB_DEVICE(0x1410, 0x1430) }, /* Novatel Wireless Merlin XU870 */
 { },
};

--------- drivers/usb/serial/airprime.c -----------

After reading some Information about option.c, i saerch and found the
Device-String in option.c

After Loading this Modul, the card works now for me.

Best Regards and Great Thx for helping me
Stephan