Subject: Re: [NETLINK] Don't attach callback to a going-away netlink socket

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:16:50 +0200

Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:50:42AM +0200, Patrick McHardy ([email-masked]) wrote:
> 
>>>I thought that with releasing a socket, which will have a callback
>>>attached only results in a leak of the callback? In that case we can
>>>just free it in dump() just like it is done in no-error path already.
>>>Or do I miss something additional?
>>
>>That would only work if there is nothing to dump (cb->dump returns 0).
>>Otherwise it is not freed.
> 
> 
> That is what I referred to as error path. Btw, with positive return
> value we end up in subsequent call to input which will free callback
> under lock as expected.

No, nothing is going to call netlink_dump after the initial call since
the socket is gone.