Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] NetXen: Make driver use multiple PCI functions

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:01:02 -0400

Mithlesh Thukral wrote:
> hi All,
> 
> Thanks Stephen for your suggestion. I am resending the 7 patches
> after incorporating the suggestion.
> These patches are with respect to netdev#upstream and we wish their inclusion 
> in 2.6.22 kernel.
> 
> Out of these the first 2 patches were already accepted into the netdev tree, 
> but we have requested them to be dropped. So we are resending those 2.
> Please see the following thread for more details :
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg26805.html

So what does that mean?

If the patches were accepted, then you must send further patches 
cumulative to what is currently in the tree.  If it is already accepted, 
you cannot "drop" a patch.

	Jeff