Subject: Re: [ofa-general] Re: IPoIB forwarding

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:48:00 -0700

David Miller wrote:
> From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:37:49 -0700
> 
> 
>>Large Receive Offload (LRO) is enabled by default.  This will
>>interfere with forwarding TCP traffic.  If you plan to forward TCP
>>traffic (using the host with the Myri10GE NIC as a router or bridge),
>>you must disable LRO.  To disable LRO, load the myri10ge driver
>>with myri10ge_lro set to 0:
> 
> 
> LRO should be disabled by default if the driver does this.  This is a
> major and unacceptable bug.
> 
> Thanks for pointing this out Rick.

No problem - just to play whatif/devil's advocate for a bit though... is there 
any way to tie that in with the setting of net.ipv4.ip_forward (and/or its IPv6 
counterpart)?

rick jones