Subject: Re: [PATCH] Intel IXP4xx network drivers v.2 - Ethernet and HSS

From: Tomasz Chmielewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 10:29:03 +0200

Michael Jones wrote:

>> +#ifndef __ARMEB__
>> +#warning Little endian mode not supported
>> +#endif
> 
> Personally I'm less fussed about WAN / LE support. Anyone with any  
> sense will run ixp4xx boards doing such a specialised network  
> operation as BE. Also, NSLU2-Linux can't test this functionality with  
> our LE setup as we don't have this hardware on-board. You may just  
> want to declare a depends on ARMEB in Kconfig (with or without OR  
> (ARM || BROKEN) ) and have done with it - it's up to you.

Christian Hohnstaedt's work did support LE though.

Not all ixp4xx boards are by definition "doing such a specialised 
network operation".

Krzysztof, why is LE not supported?

Do you need access to ixp4xx that starts in LE mode?

-- 
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org