Subject: Re: [RFC NET_SCHED 00/02]: Flexible SFQ flow classification

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:55:15 +0200

jamal wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-30-05 at 18:23 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>>My classifier seperates them entirely. The only thing it keeps
>>in SFQ is the old classifier for compatibility, besides that its
>>exactly what you say. It should be easily possible to remove it
>>entirely and use my classifier in a compatible configuration
>>automatically.
>>
> 
> 
> If you removed it entirely (and had it as a separate classifier) IMO
> that would be a better approach. Then what you have is a pure FQ qdisc.
> In which case, you leave alone SFQ and have a new qdisc.

I could do that, but I'm perfectly happy with the qdisc part of SFQ.
Without the classifier SFQ is of course simply a FQ qdisc, all it
cares about is serving queues equally.