Subject: Re: [PATCH]: sky2: Fix VLAN unregistration

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:37:07 +0200

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2007 20:44:04 +0200
> Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Fix sky2 disabling VLAN completely when the first vid is unregistered.
>>
>>For some reason the VLAN code insists on the driver providing a
>>vlan_rx_kill_vid function even if only NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_RX and not
>>NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_FILTER is set, so this patch keeps an empty
>>function. This seems to be a bug though, vlan_rx_add_vid is only
>>required with NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_FILTER. Ben?
>>
> 
> 
> Reading other drivers, it looks like a better patch would be to
> handle mode change in both set and kill.

The VLAN code tracks registered VIDs and will always call
vlan_rx_register(NULL) when the last VID is unregistered,
so this is not necessary.