Subject: Re: [PATCH] TCP : use LIMIT_NETDEBUG in tcp_retransmit_timer()

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:07:26 +0200

David Miller a écrit :
> From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:13:40 +0200
> 
>> LIMIT_NETDEBUG allows the admin to disable some warning messages (echo 0 
>>  >/proc/sys/net/core/warnings).
>>
>> The "TCP: Treason uncloaked!" message can use this facility.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
> 
> That's pretty difficult to trigger remotely, and the last time
> we saw a legitimate case of this it was actually a bug in the
> Linux TCP stack which we've long since fixed.
> 
> I would rather not let people easily disable this, since it
> finds bugs and I can't see someone seriously exploiting this
> to spam your logs.
> 
> I suppose you disagree :)

Well, I dont know..

Should I try to contact 222.39.111.164 and kindly ask him not to trigger this 
annoying message ?

Is this remote peer running an old linux, or is it a bug in the current 
linux-2.6.22-rc4 kernel that my server runs ?

TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3336/443 shrinks window 
768445619:768445688. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:1557/443 shrinks window 
979986676:979986745. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2819/443 shrinks window 
903113077:903113146. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2303/443 shrinks window 
919019510:919019579. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2689/443 shrinks window 
986306349:986306418. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2811/443 shrinks window 
1125084057:1125084126. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2394/443 shrinks window 
1141647532:1141647601. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2928/443 shrinks window 
1278301359:1278301428. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3034/443 shrinks window 
1408574195:1408574264. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2942/443 shrinks window 
1453238832:1453238901. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3384/443 shrinks window 
1883648213:1883648282. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3069/443 shrinks window 
1913770905:1913770974. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2852/443 shrinks window 
1956256538:1956256607. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3485/443 shrinks window 
2034019830:2034019899. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3104/443 shrinks window 
2054229702:2054229771. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2897/443 shrinks window 
2070392361:2070392430. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3485/443 shrinks window 
2034019830:2034019899. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3626/443 shrinks window 
2167403488:2167403557. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3104/443 shrinks window 
2054229702:2054229771. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2897/443 shrinks window 
2070392361:2070392430. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3626/443 shrinks window 
2167403488:2167403557. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2991/443 shrinks window 
2283637853:2283637922. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3128/443 shrinks window 
2283549171:2283549240. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2991/443 shrinks window 
2283637853:2283637922. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3128/443 shrinks window 
2283549171:2283549240. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:2991/443 shrinks window 
2283637853:2283637922. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3128/443 shrinks window 
2283549171:2283549240. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:4075/443 shrinks window 
2788112983:2788113052. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:4075/443 shrinks window 
2788112983:2788113052. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3786/443 shrinks window 
2905215394:2905215463. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:4075/443 shrinks window 
2788112983:2788113052. Repaired.
TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 222.39.111.164:3786/443 shrinks window 
2905215394:2905215463. Repaired.