Subject: Re: [PATCH] Virtual ethernet tunnel (v.2)

From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 21:49:17 +0200

On 08.06.2007 19:00, Ben Greear wrote:
> I have another sysfs patch that allows setting a default skb->mark for
> an interface so that you can set the skb->mark
> before it hits the connection tracking logic, but I'm been told this one
> has very little chance
> of getting into the kernel.  The skb->mark patch is only useful (as far
> as I can tell) if you
> also include a patch Patrick McHardy did for me that allowed the
> conn-tracking logic to
> use skb->mark as part of it's tuple.  This allows me to do NAT between
> virtual routers
> (routing tables) on the same machine using veth-equivalent drivers to
> connect the
> routers.  He thinks this will probably not ever get into the kernel either.

Are these patches available somewhere? I'm currently doing NAT between
virtual routers by some advanced iproute2/iptables trickery, but I have
no way to handle the occasional tuple conflict.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel