Subject: Re: [PATCH] Virtual ethernet tunnel (v.2)

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:46:32 -0700

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 08.06.2007 19:00, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I have another sysfs patch that allows setting a default skb->mark for
>> an interface so that you can set the skb->mark
>> before it hits the connection tracking logic, but I'm been told this one
>> has very little chance
>> of getting into the kernel.  The skb->mark patch is only useful (as far
>> as I can tell) if you
>> also include a patch Patrick McHardy did for me that allowed the
>> conn-tracking logic to
>> use skb->mark as part of it's tuple.  This allows me to do NAT between
>> virtual routers
>> (routing tables) on the same machine using veth-equivalent drivers to
>> connect the
>> routers.  He thinks this will probably not ever get into the kernel either.
> 
> Are these patches available somewhere? I'm currently doing NAT between
> virtual routers by some advanced iproute2/iptables trickery, but I have
> no way to handle the occasional tuple conflict.

A consolidated patch against 2.6.20.12 is here.  It has a lot more than
just the patches mentioned above, but it shouldn't hurt anything to have
the whole patch applied:

http://www.candelatech.com/oss/candela_2.6.20.patch

The original patch for using skb->mark as a tuple was
written by Patrick McHardy, and is here:

http://www.candelatech.com/oss/skb_mark_conntrack.patch

His patch merged with my patch to sysfs to set skb->mark on ingress is here:
http://www.candelatech.com/oss/conntrack_mark_with_ssyctl.patch

Thanks,
Ben

> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com