Subject: Re: [patch 5/7] CAN: Add virtual CAN netdevice driver

From: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:13:21 +0200

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
>   
>> i was just looking through the mailings regarding your suggested changes
>> (e.g. in VLAN, DUMMY and IFB) an none of them currently went into the
>> kernel (..)
>>     
>
>
> They are all in the net-2.6.23 tree.
>   

Ah, ok - that wasn't on my radar as i missed the mail from Dave to you
at June 13th ...

@Dave: Please consider to schedule the PF_CAN stuff for inclusion into
2.6.23 also. Thx.

Btw. for next week, we'll ...

1. ... wait for Jamals feedback about skb->iif usage
2. ... move the vcan driver for the new netlink API

So that we can finally go for net-2.6.23 at the end of next week, if
there are no new issues from other reviewers until then.

@Patrick: The changes in dummy.c and ifb.c for the netlink support do
not look very complicated (not even for me ;-)) When these changes are
implemented, how do i create/remove my interfaces? Is there any
userspace tool like 'tc' for that?

Thx & regards,
Oliver