Subject: Re: [PATCH] 8139cp dev->tx_timeout

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:36:18 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
> Hello All,
> 
> We have been experimenting a couple of interface hangs with the 8139cp
> driver. It appears that the tx buffer stops transmitting and never starts
> up again in some yet unknown conditions. To be able to circumvent this we
> implemented the missing dev->tx_timeout function which should reset the
> interface and allow it work again.
> 
> The problem reoccurs quite seldom and we have yet to be able to confirm
> that the attached patch helps the situation. We though that we should
> submit the patch anyway for reviewing.
> 
> The patch is made against 2.6.21.5 kernel.

Seems OK, but I'm definitely interested in hearing test feedback.

Also, all patches need a Signed-off-by line per 
Documentation/SubmittingPatches or
http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html

	Jeff