Subject: Re: Fwd: [PATCH] [-mm] ACPI: export ACPI events via netlink

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:44:24 +0200

Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 15:23 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>>If you do want the dynamic unregistation *and* the non-root mc
>>listening then I guess you don't have a choice but to unbind
>>sockets at unregistration. That shouln't be a real problem,
>>without having though much about it, I believe just clearing
>>the mc group from the bitmap and calling netlink_update_subscriptions
>>should be fine.
> 
> 
> Yeah, true, but the patch gets larger with every little thing here :)

Just do a seperate patch to add mc unregistation to af_netlink.

> How about for now I only allow dynamic registration (no unregistration)
> and just send out when new groups are registered, and also give
> userspace a list of registered mc groups when they ask for a family
> description? That should make this patch not too big and still leaves
> room for dynamic unregistration later.

How does it deal with unregistration currently? If it leaves sockets
subscribed that seems like a bug already, at least if the id was
dynamically generated. Of course it would require the id to be
reused to actually matter.