Subject: Re: Fwd: [PATCH] [-mm] ACPI: export ACPI events via netlink

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:53:34 +0200

Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 15:44 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
> 
>>>How about for now I only allow dynamic registration (no unregistration)
>>>and just send out when new groups are registered, and also give
>>>userspace a list of registered mc groups when they ask for a family
>>>description? That should make this patch not too big and still leaves
>>>room for dynamic unregistration later.
>>
>>
>>How does it deal with unregistration currently? If it leaves sockets
>>subscribed that seems like a bug already, at least if the id was
>>dynamically generated. Of course it would require the id to be
>>reused to actually matter.
> 
> 
> Hmm. I don't see it kicking out the socket subscriptions in
> genl_unregister_family so I guess that bug is present.

If you're worried about patch size, you could sell that part as a
bugfix :)