Subject: Does the Netxen driver work?

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:05:49 -0700

Hello!

I just got some Netxen 10Gbe CX4 adapters and put them into freshly
updated Fedora 7 64-bit systems.  So far, I am not having much luck.

Kernel is:  Official F7  2.6.21-1.3228.fc7

NIC:
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: NetXen Incorporated NXB-10GCX4 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Adapter with CX4 copper interface (rev 25)

The motherboard chipset is Intel based (I can provide more info is someone
cares..but I first wanted to make sure there are no well-known issues.)

Interesting boot messages:

Jul  5 16:15:17 a440-dc kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
Jul  5 16:15:17 a440-dc kernel: netxen-nic: unable to allocate MSI interrupt error
Jul  5 16:15:17 a440-dc kernel: netxen-nic: XGbE board initialized

Is that MSI error fatal?

The two NICs are connected by a CX4 cable, and from dmesg output, it appears
they have negotiated link properly.

However, I see tx counters incrementing on both sides, but no rx counters.

I will try the latest 22-pre kernel in the meantime, but if anyone has
any experience getting these NICs to work, I'm interested to know about it.

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com