Subject: Re: [PATCH -mm 8/9] netconsole: Update documentation for dynamic reconfigurability

From: KII Keiichi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 03:33:53 +0900

Hi Satyam,

> BTW I did some testing myself, and have found another *embarrassing* bug:
> if netconsole is loaded _without_ specifying any "netconsole=" parameter,
> module is still kept loaded, but on unloading configfs_unregister_...()
> obviously panics! :-) This should've been found by me earlier, just that
> I never tested without specifying the parameter to modprobe :-(

I tested your patches on the x86 architecture and report the results.
It is no problem except for the above problem.
I think that it is useful to use configfs(especially, mkdir and rmdir 
because of adding/removing netconsole_target).

I am going to test the your next iteration patches on x86 and IA64 
architecutures. 

Thanks
-- 
Keiichi KII
NEC Corporation OSS Platform Development Division
E-mail: [email-masked]