Subject: Re: [PATCH -mm 9/9] netconsole: Support dynamic reconfiguration using configfs

From: KII Keiichi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 03:33:59 +0900

Hi Satyam,

> After more discussion, Joel suggested the idea to separately manage the
> lifetimes of the two kinds of netconsole_target objects, those created while
> parsing boot/module options and those created via configfs mkdir(2) from
> userspace, in my driver itself. That adds a little bit of complexity and
> redundancy (multiple item creation and destruction points) in this driver.
> Note that the latter type (configfs-created netconsole_targets) can be
> modified / updated / destroyed at runtime from userspace but the former
> (param string created) cannot, as they are not exposed through our configfs
> namespace. However, this is not really a problem and is similar to current
> behaviour in any case.

Maybe you should add the above description into 
Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt.
The users of netconsole applied these patches may think that they can change 
parameters of netconsole_target(param string created at the time of parsing 
boot/options).

And I'm going to search the another solution of this problem and read the 
code of configfs.

Thanks
-- 
Keiichi KII
NEC Corporation OSS Platform Development Division
E-mail: [email-masked]