Subject: Re: [patch 5/7] CAN: Add virtual CAN netdevice driver

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:07:25 +0200

Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>>Still configuration of the network device based on module parameters.
>>What about people that want loopback and non-loopback devices at the
>>same time?
>>  
> 
> the people get the loopback functionality in ANY case. There is indeed
> no difference from the view of the users, if you change this switch.
> 
> The possibility to enable the loopback on vcan driver level is only to ...
> 
> 1. Test the loopback fallback code in af_can.c
> 2. Show, how a correct loopback handling is to be implemented
> 
> ... nothing more.

So its the "correct" handling and the other one is only fallback? That
still sounds like it wants proper configuration. How does loopback work
without this driver?