Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Virtual ethernet device driver

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:13:22 +0200

Pavel Emelianov wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>> You don't have a struct ifinfomsg for the peer device. At some
>> point we might want to add support for specifying initial flags
>> for the device (some easily supportable ones are IFF_PROMISC,
>> IFF_ALLMULTI, IFF_NOARP) and ideally that should also be possible
>> for the peer device.
>>
>> So I suggest you use a complete ifinfomsg including the header
>> instead of just the attributes for VETH_INFO_PEER.
>>
>>
> 
> I don't see any information from this struct being used on the
> link-creation paths...

Thats what I explained twice, its not used today, it might be
used in the future for ifindex and flags.