Subject: Re: pmtu discovery on SA

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:27:27 +0200

Beschorner Daniel wrote:
>>Beschorner Daniel wrote:
>>
>>So its using 1492 now? Otherwise it would be expected since the
>>initial MTU calculation would be based on 1500.
> 
> 
> I'm using 1500 again.
> 
> Just to make it clear: Is this message an error, or a warning or just
> for information?
> Could you explain a bit please.

Its a debugging message nowadays (NETDEBUG). I was mostly interested
in this since I changed the IPsec MTU calculation in 2.6.22 and it
might have been a bug.

> I have no connections hangs or other kind of problems.

Thanks for clarifying this. I guess the reason why you're seeing
them now and not before is that we're now always using the maximum
room available, while previously packets were usually a bit smaller
than possible.