Subject: Re: [PATCH] [2.6.22] Fix a potential NULL pointer dereference in mace_interrupt() in drivers/net/pcmcia/nmclan_cs.c

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:24:15 -0400

Micah Gruber wrote:
> This patch fixes a potential null dereference bug where we dereference 
> DEV before a null check. This patch simply moves the dereferencing after 
> the null check.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Micah Gruber <[email-masked]>
> 
> ---
> 
> --- a/drivers/net/pcmcia/nmclan_cs.c    +++ 
> b/drivers/net/pcmcia/nmclan_cs.c    @@ -996,7 +996,7 @@

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix your mailer.

None of your patches are apply-able via script or patch(1), which is how 
all Linux maintainers apply patches.

If you want to contribute to the kernel, you -must- figure out how to 
send patches via email.

Linux kernel development is done almost exclusively through email, so it 
is very important to get the details right.

	Jeff