Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] netxen: Load firmware during probe, dma watchdog fix.

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:29:31 -0400

Dhananjay Phadke wrote:
> Jeff,
> 
> You committed old patch, which I had asked to ignore for two newer patches.
> 
> [PATCH 1/1] netxen: Load firmware during probe, dma watchdog fix.
> 
> is wrong patch that went in, instead please commit:
> 
> [PATCH 1/2] netxen: IMEZ multiport card 2nd port issue, dma watchdog fix
> [PATCH 2/2] netxen: Fix interrupt handling for multiport adapters

Two responses:

1) I never received the two patches you mention.  It helps (though not 
required) to CC me, in addition to sending patches to netdev.

2) Kernel history is fixed in stone, once committed upstream.  Thus, you 
must regenerate your patches based on the fact that old-patch is now 
upstream.

	Jeff