Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.23 1/2] Make the iw_cxgb3 module parameters writable.

From: Steve Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:57:08 -0500

Roland Dreier wrote:
> ugh, missed these before my last merge...
> 
> anyway:
> 
> why do we want to parameters writable?  a good changelog tells me
> what, why and how, and this changelog just covered the "what".  Also,
> I assume you've checked that it's OK for these variables to change at
> any time?

I want to be able to changes these parameters at run time.  Eventually, 
if we might want these parameters as rdma connection setup parameters. 
For now, its useful to be able to set them without reloading.

Also, it is safe to change them at any time.  All of these are read once 
and utilized at connection setup.  So changing them is safe in that 
existing connections aren't affected, and only subsequent connections 
will utilize the new values.

Sorry for the terse changelog...

Steve.