Subject: Re: [PATCH net-2.6.22-rc7] xfrm beet interfamily support

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:21:48 +0200

Joakim Koskela wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2007 15:08:12 Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>>>It's been a while, but as a fyi in case there are comments / suggestions
>>>before submitting the whole patch again - it seems that this had some
>>>problems after all. Works ok for normal cases, but fails when using ip
>>>options for the inner packet as they don't get processed after being
>>>extracted from the pseudoheader. Calling something like
>>>ip_options_compile from beet_mode's input when handling ipv4 would do the
>>>trick, but seems a bit ugly & perhaps unsafe, I'd rather just put the
>>>whole packet through the loop again.
>>
>>Won't the options get parsed by ip_rcv() on the second reception?
> 
> 
> Yes. The thing was that it seemed like we could get by with only a 
> transport-mode- amount of processing of same-family beet packets. But unless 
> we do some special processing during beet reception (which doesn't seem that 
> elegant), it won't work. So I'm changing it back to tunnel-like processing.

I think you could parse the options directly after decapsulation
in xfrm4_mode_beet.c, that doesn't seem very ugly to me.