Subject: RealTek 8169 support question

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:27:47 -0400

Hello Francois-

I just bought a new Jetway mainboard with a pair of RTL 8169 NICs. 
After installing Fedora 7, and upgrading to 2.6.22.1-41.fc7, I still 
can't get either of the NICs to recognize a link beat from my switch.

lspci -v output:

00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. 
RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
         Subsystem: Jetway Information Co., Ltd. Unknown device 10ec
         Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 18
         I/O ports at ee00 [size=256]
         Memory at fdffe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
         [virtual] Expansion ROM at 10020000 [disabled] [size=64K]
         Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. 
RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
         Subsystem: Jetway Information Co., Ltd. Unknown device 10ec
         Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 19
         I/O ports at f000 [size=256]
         Memory at fdffd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
         [virtual] Expansion ROM at 10030000 [disabled] [size=64K]
         Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

I assume "Unknown device" indicates that the driver doesn't recognize 
the model string?

Thanks in advance for any advice.