Subject: error(s) in 2.6.23-rc5 bonding.txt ?

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:02:41 -0700

I was perusing Documentation/networking/bonding.txt in a 2.6.23-rc5 tree 
and came across the following discussing the round-robin scheduling:

>         Note that this out of order delivery occurs when both the
>         sending and receiving systems are utilizing a multiple
>         interface bond.  Consider a configuration in which a
>         balance-rr bond feeds into a single higher capacity network
>         channel (e.g., multiple 100Mb/sec ethernets feeding a single
>         gigabit ethernet via an etherchannel capable switch).  In this
>         configuration, traffic sent from the multiple 100Mb devices to
>         a destination connected to the gigabit device will not see
>         packets out of order.  

My first reaction was that this was incorrect - it didn't matter if the 
receiver was using a single link or not because the packets flowing 
across the multiple 100Mb links could hit the intermediate device out of 
order and so stay that way across the GbE link.

Before I go and patch-out that text I thought I'd double check.

rick jones