Subject: Re: [PATCH][MIPS][7/7] AR7: ethernet

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:04:15 -0400

Matteo Croce wrote:
> Il Friday 07 September 2007 00:30:25 Andrew Morton ha scritto:
>>> On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:34:10 +0200 Matteo Croce <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Driver for the cpmac 100M ethernet driver.
>>> It works fine disabling napi support, enabling it gives a kernel panic
>>> when the first IPv6 packet has to be forwarded.
>>> Other than that works fine.
>>>
>> I'm not too sure why I got cc'ed on this (and not on patches 1-6?) but
>> whatever.
> 
> I mailed every maintainer in the respective section in the file MAINTAINERS
> and you were in the "NETWORK DEVICE DRIVERS" section
> 
>> This patch introduces quite a number of basic coding-style mistakes. 
>> Please run it through scripts/checkpatch.pl and review the output.
> 
> Already done. I'm collecting other suggestions before committing

cool, I'll wait for the resend before reviewing, then.

As an author I understand that fixing up coding style / cosmetic stuff 
rather than "meat" is annoying.

But it is important to emphasize that a "clean" driver is what makes a 
good, thorough, effective review possible.

	Jeff