Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/16] net: Make /proc/net per network namespace

From: Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:12:04 +0200

David Miller wrote:
> From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
> Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 15:20:36 -0600
> 
>> This patch makes /proc/net per network namespace.  It modifies the global
>> variables proc_net and proc_net_stat to be per network namespace.
>> The proc_net file helpers are modified to take a network namespace argument,
>> and all of their callers are fixed to pass &init_net for that argument.
>> This ensures that all of the /proc/net files are only visible and
>> usable in the initial network namespace until the code behind them
>> has been updated to be handle multiple network namespaces.
>>
>> Making /proc/net per namespace is necessary as at least some files
>> in /proc/net depend upon the set of network devices which is per
>> network namespace, and even more files in /proc/net have contents
>> that are relevant to a single network namespace.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Eric W. Biederman <[email-masked]>
> 
> Patch applied, thanks.
> _______________________________________________
> Containers mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
> 

Hi Dave,

it seems the fs/proc/proc_net.c was not added to the git repository.

Regards.

	-- Daniel