Subject: Re: Please pull 'z1211' branch of wireless-2.6

From: Daniel Drake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:08:16 +0100

John W. Linville wrote:
> The maintainers have identified some (IMHO minor) issues with the
> mac80211 port of this driver.  Some of them are summarized here:
> 
> 	http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/zd1211rw/mac80211Issues
> 
> Still, I think we would be better-off having this driver upstream.

I apologise for being inactive over the last few weeks, I've been moving 
back from the US to the UK and then moving back to university. However I 
am now just-about-settled and will be active again soon.

I would like to this until 2.6.25 until I have had time to clear up some 
final issues and do more testing myself of zd1211rw-mac80211. I also 
think we need to discuss the rename...

(just to clarify to others: this is the first I heard of this merge 
before John posted it).

John, thanks a lot for your efforts, I hope you don't mind waiting one 
extra release cycle for me to sort a few things out.

Thanks,
Daniel