Subject: Re: [PATCH] iproute2: enable setting rto_min, rtt and rttvar in tc-esque units

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:21:54 -0700

>>>Enable users of ip to specify the times for rtt, rttvar and rto_min
>>>in human-friendly terms a la "tc" while maintaining backwards 
>>>compatability with the previous "raw" mechanism.  Builds upon
>>>David Miller's uncommited patch to set rto_min.
>>>
>>>Signed-off-by: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
>>
>>Thanks, I'll put it in the 2.6.24 version of iproute2 (assuming dave
>>takes the rto_min patch).
> 
> If you're talking about the kernel side, Linus's tree already
> has the per-route rto_min stuff.

I was testing the patch using a 2.6.23-rc5 kernel after I noticed from 
reading the changelog that the rto_min change went in there.  It would 
be very nice if it were possible to be in the .23 version of iproute2, 
but I can easily see where things might be a bit late for that.

Meanwhile I'll let the customer know that a way (short of writing their 
own util I guess :) to set the rto_min will be in at least .24

thanks,

rick jones