Subject: [RFC/PATCH 2/3] UDP memory usage accounting: accounting unit and variable

From: Satoshi OSHIMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:26:53 +0900

This patch introduces global variable for UDP memory accounting.
The unit is page.

signed-off-by: Satoshi Oshima <[email-masked]>
signed-off-by: Hideo Aoki <[email-masked]>

Index: 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/include/net/sock.h
===================================================================
--- 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit.orig/include/net/sock.h
+++ 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/include/net/sock.h
@@ -723,6 +723,13 @@ static inline int sk_stream_wmem_schedul
sk_stream_mem_schedule(sk, size, 0);
}

+#define SK_DATAGRAM_MEM_QUANTUM ((int)PAGE_SIZE)
+
+static inline int sk_datagram_pages(int amt)
+{
+ return DIV_ROUND_UP(amt, SK_DATAGRAM_MEM_QUANTUM);
+}
+
/* Used by processes to "lock" a socket state, so that
* interrupts and bottom half handlers won't change it
* from under us. It essentially blocks any incoming
Index: 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/include/net/udp.h
===================================================================
--- 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit.orig/include/net/udp.h
+++ 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/include/net/udp.h
@@ -65,6 +65,8 @@ extern rwlock_t udp_hash_lock;

extern struct proto udp_prot;

+extern atomic_t udp_memory_allocated;
+
struct sk_buff;

/*
Index: 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/net/ipv4/proc.c
===================================================================
--- 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit.orig/net/ipv4/proc.c
+++ 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/net/ipv4/proc.c
@@ -66,7 +66,8 @@ static int sockstat_seq_show(struct seq_
fold_prot_inuse(&tcp_prot), atomic_read(&tcp_orphan_count),
tcp_death_row.tw_count, atomic_read(&tcp_sockets_allocated),
atomic_read(&tcp_memory_allocated));
- seq_printf(seq, "UDP: inuse %d\n", fold_prot_inuse(&udp_prot));
+ seq_printf(seq, "UDP: inuse %d mem %d\n", fold_prot_inuse(&udp_prot),
+ atomic_read(&udp_memory_allocated));
seq_printf(seq, "UDPLITE: inuse %d\n", fold_prot_inuse(&udplite_prot));
seq_printf(seq, "RAW: inuse %d\n", fold_prot_inuse(&raw_prot));
seq_printf(seq, "FRAG: inuse %d memory %d\n", ip_frag_nqueues,
Index: 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/net/ipv4/udp.c
===================================================================
--- 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit.orig/net/ipv4/udp.c
+++ 2.6.23-rc3-udp_limit/net/ipv4/udp.c
@@ -113,6 +113,10 @@ DEFINE_SNMP_STAT(struct udp_mib, udp_sta
struct hlist_head udp_hash[UDP_HTABLE_SIZE];
DEFINE_RWLOCK(udp_hash_lock);

+atomic_t udp_memory_allocated;
+
+EXPORT_SYMBOL(udp_memory_allocated);
+
static int udp_port_rover;

static inline int __udp_lib_lport_inuse(__u16 num, struct hlist_head
udptable[])