Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/7] CAN: Add virtual CAN netdevice driver

From: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:09:46 +0200

Patrick McHardy wrote:
>
> Yoshifuji's point was that the license seems to contradict itself,
> it says you may choose GPL, but have to retain BSD. And that is
> not about Dual BSD/GPL but about the specific wording.
>   

Got it (finally)!

Trying to specify the GPL Version (and the reference to the COPYING
file) i just overlooked  the second part
 "*/*/in which case the provisions of the GPL apply INSTEAD OF those
given above."/*/* of the original sentence.

Sorry. Was no* malice aforethought :)*

Of course we'll fix this to have the same wording like e.g. in
arch/i386/crypto/aes.c .

Thanks to Yoshfuji for catching this and to Patrick for making it clear
to me!*

Best regards,
Oliver

*