Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/2][BNX2]: Add iSCSI support to BNX2 devices.

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 03:49:27 -0400

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 03:31 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> A key problem I was hoping would be solved with your work here was
>> the 
>> elimination of that post dma_map_sg() split.
>>
>> If I understood James and Ben correctly, one of the key problems was 
>> always in communicating libata's segment boundary needs to the IOMMU
>> layers?
> 
> Yup. If we can put some constraint in struct device that the dma mapping
> code can then look at ... we also need to ensure that what's passed in
> for DMA'ing already matches those constraints as well since no-iommu
> platforms will basically just keep the dma table as-is.

That's a good point...  no-iommu platforms would need to be updated to 
do the split for me.  I suppose we can steal that code from swiotlb or 
somewhere.

	Jeff