Subject: Re: [ofa-general] [PATCH v3] iw_cxgb3: Support"iwarp-only"interfacesto avoid 4-tuple conflicts.

From: Steve Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:27:06 -0500

Kanevsky, Arkady wrote:
> Exactly,
> it forces the burden on administrator.
> And one will be forced to try one mount for iWARP and it does not
> work issue another one TCP or UDP if it fails.
> Yack!
>

I see your point.  I have no defense.  My hands have been tied on fixing 
this properly...

> And server will need to listen on different IP address and simple
> * will not work since it will need to listen in two different domains.
> 

No, the server will listen on 0.0.0.0:2049 for TCP, and 0.0.0.0:2050 for 
rdma.  The rdma subsystem will translate 0.0.0.0:2050 into listens on 
specific iwarp ip addresses on every iwarp device...

> Had we run this proposal by administrators?

There has been no other solution proposed that Dave Miller and Jeff 
Garzik won't NAK...

Steve.