Subject: Re: [IPv6] Fix ICMPv6 redirect handling with target multicast address

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:06:08 -0400

Hi David,

David Stevens wrote:
>         ipv6_addr_type() returns a mask, so checking for equality will 
> fail to
> match if  any other (irrelevant) attributes are set. How about using 
> bitwise
> operators for that?

ipv6_addr_type() does return a mask, but there's a lot of code that just 
checks for equality since some things are mutually-exclusive - this code 
is actually identical to what ip6_route_add() does.  I don't 
particularly like this duality, but it's there - I'd gladly volunteer to 
clean this up everywhere if I didn't think there might be some 
performance reason it was done like that.

> Also, the error message is no longer descriptive of the
> failure if it's a link-local multicast, but you could make it "target 
> address is not
> link-local unicast.\n" (in both places).

I can do that, thanks.

-Brian