Subject: Re: [PATCH][BNX2X] round three

From: "Eliezer Tamir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:13:21 +0200

[added Andy Whitcroft, who is listed as a CHECKPATCH maintainer]

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> Minor formatting nits reported by checkpatch.pl script:

Thanks, I Will fix them.

...

> WARNING: no space between function name and open parenthesis '('
> #777: FILE: drivers/net/bnx2x.c:722:
> +	case (RAMROD_CMD_ID_ETH_PORT_SETUP | BNX2X_STATE_OPENING_WAIT4_PORT):
> 
> WARNING: no space between function name and open parenthesis '('
> #782: FILE: drivers/net/bnx2x.c:727:
> +	case (RAMROD_CMD_ID_ETH_HALT | BNX2X_STATE_CLOSING_WAIT4_HALT):
> 
> WARNING: no space between function name and open parenthesis '('
> #788: FILE: drivers/net/bnx2x.c:733:
> +	case (RAMROD_CMD_ID_ETH_PORT_DEL | BNX2X_STATE_CLOSING_WAIT4_DELETE):
> 
> WARNING: no space between function name and open parenthesis '('
> #793: FILE: drivers/net/bnx2x.c:738:
> +	case (RAMROD_CMD_ID_ETH_SET_MAC | BNX2X_STATE_OPEN):
> 

These look like false positives

...

> CHECK: spinlock_t definition without comment
> #9486: FILE: drivers/net/bnx2x.h:508:
> +	spinlock_t		spq_lock;  /* Used to serialize slowpath
This one too

...

> ERROR: Macros with complex values should be enclosed in parenthesis
> #21196: FILE: drivers/net/bnx2x_init.h:138:
> +#define INIT_INTERNAL0_MEM_WR(block_bar, block, reg, \
> +			      part, hw, value, off, len) \

Not sure, I think this one is too, but I'm going to rewrite bnx2x_init.h anyway,
this code is going away.

...

Thanks
Eliezer