Subject: Re: Resend: [IPROUTE2 PATCH] Interface group as new ip link option

From: Laszlo Attila Toth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:05:40 +0200

jamal írta:
> On Tue, 2007-16-10 at 11:03 +0200, Laszlo Attila Toth wrote:
>> Interfaces can be grouped and each group has an unique positive integer ID.
>> It can be set via ip link.
> 
> Feature request: Can you also implement a get operation. Perhaps
> something that returns from the kernel a list of ifindices when one
> passes a group to it?

That sounds great but for what whould you like to use? It may help me 
for the implementation. Currently it is not available since the the 
net_device structure holds the group id and for this get operation an 
iteration (of net_devices) may be necessary...
> 
> BTW, does it make sense to have one interface in multiple groups?

We didn't want to use multiple groups in favour of masked group ids. 
What kind of usage needs other implementation?

--
Attila