Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Diet struct net_device a bit

From: Pavel Emelyanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:31:44 +0400

There are some pointers, that are used in protocols/drivers/etc
in this struct. E.g. br_port, macvlan_port, ec_ptr, etc. Some of
them can be simply compile out with ifdefs, some require a bit
closer look.

Here's the summary:
Compiled out in this set with appropriate ifdef:
 * br_port
 * macvlan_port
 * dn_ptr
 * ec_ptr
 * ax25_ptr

Require a closer look:
 * atalk_ptr is shared with irda with "should we get our own 
   field?" comment;
 * ip_ptr and
 * ip6_ptr are used in headers and gcc complains when trying
   to compile net/socket.c that these fields are unreclared;
 * ieee80211_ptr is used in many wireless drivers. Need time
   to check for the config dependencies.

Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <[email-masked]>