Subject: Re: stateless 1:1 NAT

From: Florin Andrei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:04:48 -0800

Herbert Xu wrote:
> Florin Andrei <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> OK, if I download 2.6.24-rc1, will it have this feature already?
> 
> Yes.

OK, I want to test this feature with 2.6.24-rc2. I compiled 
iproute2-2.6.23 with your patch applied.
The problem is, I have no experience with tc (and very little experience 
with iproute2 in general). Can you give me an example on how to setup 
1:1 NAT for one system?

Let's say, the firewall has the addresses 10.123.0.10 (eth0 outside) and 
10.123.1.10 (eth1 inside), the server behind it is 10.123.1.253 and I 
want to map the server's address to 10.123.0.253 on the outside interface.
What are the parameters for tc to setup 1:1 NAT like that?

-- 
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/