Subject: [PATCH 2/5] accounting unit and variable

From: Hideo AOKI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:48:07 -0500

This patch introduces global variable for UDP memory accounting.
The unit is page.

signed-off-by: Satoshi Oshima <[email-masked]>
signed-off-by: Hideo Aoki <[email-masked]>
---

  include/net/sock.h |    7 +++++++
  include/net/udp.h  |    2 ++
  net/ipv4/proc.c    |    3 ++-
  net/ipv4/udp.c     |    2 ++
  4 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff -pruN net-2.6-udp-p1/include/net/sock.h net-2.6-udp-p2/include/net/sock.h
--- net-2.6-udp-p1/include/net/sock.h	2007-11-13 08:19:56.000000000 -0500
+++ net-2.6-udp-p2/include/net/sock.h	2007-11-13 16:10:05.000000000 -0500
@@ -778,6 +778,13 @@ static inline int sk_stream_wmem_schedul
  	       sk_stream_mem_schedule(sk, size, 0);
  }

+#define SK_DATAGRAM_MEM_QUANTUM ((int)PAGE_SIZE)
+
+static inline int sk_datagram_pages(int amt)
+{
+	return DIV_ROUND_UP(amt, SK_DATAGRAM_MEM_QUANTUM);
+}
+
  /* Used by processes to "lock" a socket state, so that
   * interrupts and bottom half handlers won't change it
   * from under us. It essentially blocks any incoming
diff -pruN net-2.6-udp-p1/include/net/udp.h net-2.6-udp-p2/include/net/udp.h
--- net-2.6-udp-p1/include/net/udp.h	2007-11-13 08:19:56.000000000 -0500
+++ net-2.6-udp-p2/include/net/udp.h	2007-11-13 16:10:05.000000000 -0500
@@ -65,6 +65,8 @@ extern rwlock_t udp_hash_lock;

  extern struct proto udp_prot;

+extern atomic_t udp_memory_allocated;
+
  struct sk_buff;

  /*
diff -pruN net-2.6-udp-p1/net/ipv4/proc.c net-2.6-udp-p2/net/ipv4/proc.c
--- net-2.6-udp-p1/net/ipv4/proc.c	2007-11-13 08:19:57.000000000 -0500
+++ net-2.6-udp-p2/net/ipv4/proc.c	2007-11-13 16:11:48.000000000 -0500
@@ -56,7 +56,8 @@ static int sockstat_seq_show(struct seq_
  		   sock_prot_inuse(&tcp_prot), atomic_read(&tcp_orphan_count),
  		   tcp_death_row.tw_count, atomic_read(&tcp_sockets_allocated),
  		   atomic_read(&tcp_memory_allocated));
-	seq_printf(seq, "UDP: inuse %d\n", sock_prot_inuse(&udp_prot));
+	seq_printf(seq, "UDP: inuse %d mem %d\n", sock_prot_inuse(&udp_prot),
+		   atomic_read(&udp_memory_allocated));
  	seq_printf(seq, "UDPLITE: inuse %d\n", sock_prot_inuse(&udplite_prot));
  	seq_printf(seq, "RAW: inuse %d\n", sock_prot_inuse(&raw_prot));
  	seq_printf(seq,  "FRAG: inuse %d memory %d\n",
diff -pruN net-2.6-udp-p1/net/ipv4/udp.c net-2.6-udp-p2/net/ipv4/udp.c
--- net-2.6-udp-p1/net/ipv4/udp.c	2007-11-13 08:19:57.000000000 -0500
+++ net-2.6-udp-p2/net/ipv4/udp.c	2007-11-13 16:10:05.000000000 -0500
@@ -114,6 +114,8 @@ DEFINE_SNMP_STAT(struct udp_mib, udp_sta
  struct hlist_head udp_hash[UDP_HTABLE_SIZE];
  DEFINE_RWLOCK(udp_hash_lock);

+atomic_t udp_memory_allocated;
+
  static inline int __udp_lib_lport_inuse(__u16 num,
  					const struct hlist_head udptable[])
  {
--
Hideo Aoki
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.