Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

From: Rene Herman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:46:24 +0100

On 14-11-07 11:07, David Miller wrote:

Added Jaroslav and Takashi to the already extensive CC....

> From: Russell King <[email-masked]>

>> So, when are you creating a replacement alsa-devel mailing list on
>> vger?  That's also subscribers-only.
> 
> The operative term is "alternative" rather than "replacement".
> Perhaps this misunderstanding is what you're so upset about.
> 
> And yes, that alsa list bugs the crap out of me too.  I'm more than
> happy to provide an alternative for that one as well.

[email-masked] is not subscriber-only. Same as that arm list, 
it's _moderated_ for non-subscribers and given that I and other moderators 
have been doing our best to moderate quickly (I tend to stay logged in to 
the moderation interface all day for example) what specifically bugged the 
crap out of you? It's not something a poster needs to concern himself with.

Also for alsa-devel the moderators tend to add any valid non-subcribers to 
a whitelist after landing in the queue the first time meaning even a delay 
is just a one-time thing normally. So what's the trouble? Basically, noone 
need even notice...

> In fact, *poof*, there it is, [email-masked] is there and
> available for anyone who wants to use it.

Not that I think that moving alsa-devel over to vger wouldn't be a good idea 
mind you; when the list moved from sourceforge, asking you to host it was my 
preferred option. I do somewhat suspect that Jaroslav would like to keep the 
alsa-devel@ name (and I'd like to ask you to then also host alsa-user@) and 
would then rewrite mail to those lists @alsa-project.org to vger.

But what is the problem you speak of with the alsa-devel list? While I would 
not mind loosing it, moderation hasn't been overly laborious and I'm not 
aware of any serious problems.

Rene.